Intern Product Management
Job Location: Brisbane, CA
Through the innovative fusion of retail, social and mobile, @WalmartLabs is redefining Commerce for the largest retailer worldwide. We are a group comprised of the brightest technologists and business people in the industry, excited about the limitless opportunities that this next generation of Commerce will bring to billions of people around the globe, all in an effort to help them save money and live better.
As the idea incubator for the world's largest global retailer, we don't just build products, we create experiences. Every day is an opportunity to reshape the landscape of ecommerce while having a lasting impact on the industry. @WalmartLabs taps into the talents of online retail visionaries to design, prototype and build technology-fueled products that bridge the gap between what's next and what's best.
@WalmartLabs brings together dozens of engineers, scientists and product experts to execute a cutting edge vision. If you're fluent in the language of innovation, @WalmartLabs is a place to become a leading change agent. Join us!
The Project Summary:
- Opportunity to help invent the next generation of e-commerce; integrated experiences that leverage the store, web and mobile, with social identity being the glue
- Help define and deliver product requirements for new features that plug into insights from Walmart’s massive social, commerce and transaction firehoses, to deliver personalized experiences for the Walmart consumer
- Help coordinate and manage requirements between product, UX, engineering and business
- Track analytics and performance on new features launched on personalized customer products
- Perform competitive research on similar products
- Run and manage user testing sessions
The Intern Program
Your intern experience will far beyond your specific assignment. Through the intern executive speaker series, tech talks and work-team activities you will be able to gain a greater knowledge of the company as well as the industry. You will also have the opportunity to participate in a variety of professional development offers ranging from brand knowledge to agile training.
Finally and most importantly…being an intern @Walmart Labs is fun! Whether you are playing a pickup basketball or ping pong game, going to the San Francisco Giants games, or taking an intern-only catamaran cruise around the San Francisco, there is always something going on. With the San Francisco Bay Area as your playground the opportunities both inside and outside of work are endless!
This is a summer 2014 intern position.
Who are we looking for?
Smart students who are out to change the world! We are looking for students who are currently pursuing bachelor's or master's degree in Engineering, Human Interaction or User Interface Design, MBA, Analytics, Psychology or related field. Must be proficient in Excel, Word, Powerpoint. This is a high energy environment where we solve tough problems and enjoy working with peers who are equally talented and passionate.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Intern - Product Management
Job ID: 305384BR