Co Manager Canada All Provinces
Job Location: T.B.A, ON, Canada
Walmart has had enormous success and growth in Canada. One of the reasons we've been able to achieve that level of success is the quality of leadership we have in our stores.
Service to our customers is always at the forefront of everything we do; therefore, our Managers are responsible for developing, motivating and mentoring associates. Each Store Manager is responsible for millions of dollars in sales volume, leading a large team (between 200 and 500 employees) and running many businesses inside one box – general merchandise, food, optical, fashion, home decorating and banking, to name a few. We select only the best leaders to become our new Store Managers and help us build on our success. There is a lot to learn, in order to be ready to take on the challenge of being a Walmart Store Manager. Some of your learning will happen in formal classroom sessions. The majority of your learning will happen as you gain Walmart store management experience.
During your time in the CO-Manager role, Walmart will provide the necessary training and support in order for you to have the skills to apply to a Store Manager Position. You will participate in our exceptional Retail Academy, which allows you to enhance your technical knowledge and leadership effectiveness required to operate as a Store Manager within a retail environment through case studies, on-the-job experiences, self-directed learning with expert facilitators! The Academies prepare Walmart Managers to face the wide array of challenges, opportunities involved in leading Walmart Associates and managing the processes and systems that help us sell the products customers want at unbeatable prices. Bring your exceptional leadership skills, drive and experience to the team. Manage a multi-million dollar business and make a positive impact in a job you can enjoy. Let’s grow together!
Retail Store Management
• Identifies strategies to build business growth and executes ideas to achieve a competitive advantage.
• Aligns business goals to company values and growth strategies.
• Demonstrates the highest standards of integrity and ethics. Communicates and enforces company policies and procedures for proper compliance.
• Integrates customer needs and market trends into plans for capitalizing on business development and improvement initiatives.
• Builds diverse and successful teams: develops and maintains relationships with associates and managers to encourage excellence in performance and progress in their career. Builds an inclusive work environment by motivating others to be aware of and embrace diversity.
• Recruits top talent, retains, coaches and motivates future leaders.
• Uses appropriate methods to help build and engage teams and sets the direction and structure for team members, while holding assistant managers accountable to same vision.
•Inspires, mentors, and gives direction to accomplish successful results.
• Takes ownership of work and promotes accountability to ensure work is completed accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner.
• Manages overall financial performance. Utilizes financial data to monitor resource allocation and drive quality operating procedures.
• Provides excellence in service to customers and seeks to meet customer needs and expectations in a timely and professional manner. Ensures strong community presence and reflects the needs of consumers (Store of the Community).
• Implements, monitors and oversees the inventory flow including the in-stock and ordering of merchandise while protecting company assets by identifying opportunities to prevent shrink.
• Minimum 5 years management experience in a high volume, fast paced grocery, wholesale, or general merchandise retail business
• Proven leadership results - leading, coaching and developing large and diverse teams
• Strong knowledge of operations required. Merchandising expertise is an asset
• Experience in managing P&L, forecasting and budgeting
• Ability to model Wal-Mart’s three basic beliefs: respect for the individual, service to the customers and striving for excellence
• Willingness to work varied hours to align with business needs
• Flexibility to commute and/or relocate is preferred
• Experience in change management within a high-pressure environment
• Strong communication skills
• Permanent employment status in Canada
A competitive wage plus an opportunity to earn an annual financial bonus
• Opportunity to earn an annual financial reward through a Deferred Profit Sharing Plan
• Exciting career advancement opportunities and growth potential within all aspects of the business – National & International
• Excellent health and dental benefits, Merchandise/Food discounts, Stock purchase plan
Co-Manager - Canada - All Provinces
Job ID: 275461BR