Manager Direct Imports Transportation
Job Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
The Manager, Direct - Transportation works closely to support the Direct Import Logistics Manager and is responsible for the cost effective and efficient movement of import goods from global markets to arrival in Canada through negotiating rates and services with carriers and monitoring performance.
1. Monitors ocean and air carrier providers to contractual commitments and agreed to Key Performance Indicators, quality and service. Participate in annual global markets ocean negotiation process to ensure most cost competitive and exceptional service solutions for Canadian business.
2. Manages relationship and performance of Origin Cargo Management provider ensuring accurate and on-time delivery of import goods to Canadian ports. Support global annual standard operating procedures review to ensure Walmart Canada business requirements are met.
3. In collaboration with the Global Logistics team in US and at origin redevelop and implement ocean carrier scorecarding metrics that are relevant to the Canadian business.
4. Manages eight week rolling forecast with carriers and Global Logistics team at origin and monthly carrier allocation in transport tools ensuring import cargo capacity is covered and achieves "Must Arrive At Port" dates.
5. Provides monthly analysis on ocean carrier allocation versus actual shipments to highlight any opportunities in meeting contractual "Minimum Quantity Commitment" and make recommendation on allocation changes to reduce gaps.
6. Responds to and develop all freight factor requests on new import lanes or programs and provide on-boarding training to any new Direct Import vendor on import and booking process.
7. Ensures cost control on import freight movements through managing intact shipment opportunities, underloads and equipment optimization.
8. Fosters excellent working relationships with Global Logistics teams at Origin and in US and Origin Replenishment to ensure the timely and accurate execution of import flow programs and on-going best practice sharing.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree required
Minimum 6-8 years experience required
International Logistics, Supply Chain Management and Import Requirements, Knowledge of Ocean Freight/Transportation industry, 3rd party supplier management.
Exceptional communication, project management and negotiation skills.
Analytical and financial competencies.
Manager, Direct Imports - Transportation
Job ID: 347429BR