Architect\Staff Software Engineer Android
Job Location: Sunnyvale, CA
The Web, UI, and Mobile engineering teams at VUDU consist of best in class software engineering talent who develop the VUDU service across virtually every device platform. Whether it’s rich media experiences from your tablet to the immersive living room media experience, VUDU engineers combine a rich UI with the latest web and mobile application technology.
* This role will be 80% hands on development!
* Design, and develop VUDU core application framework for multiple
platforms, including Android and Web.
* Implement product devlopment strateges using Agile development processes
* Manage architecture or technology projects
• BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent.
• 4+ years of Android application development experience required.
• Self-motivated hands on generalist in Android based applications.
• Experience with MVC frameworks (e.g. AngularJS, Knockout.js, Backbone.js, Ember.js, SproutCore, etc)
• Experience with HTML/DHTML, CSS, XML, JSON
• Experience interfacing with Web Services platforms
• Experience developing Android applications
• Solid knowledge of Object oriented design
• Familiarity with Automation Tools
• Familiarity with Test-Driven Development
• Knowledge of iOS and Web platforms a plus
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Passionate for open source technologies.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to work in fast pace high performance development environment.
• Pair-Programming, Agile Methodologies, Ability to meet deadlines and commitment to team goals
Architect/Staff Software Engineer - Android
Job ID: 341619BR