Smart Business Technical Product Manager
Job Location: San Bruno, CA
Do you like big data? Like really big data? Like multi-terabyte data sets with billions of rows? Do you like the idea of pulling, pushing, slicing and dicing this data in real-time using using Hadoop, Hbase, Hive and more? Now let's add some intelligence to the mix using machine learning, data mining and predictive analytics and shazam - you have the underpinnings of @WalmartLabs.
We are a highly motivated group of Big Data Geeks, Data Scientists and Applications Engineers, working in small agile group to solve sophisticated and high impact problems. We are building smart data systems that ingest, model and analyze massive flow of data from online, social, mobile and offline commerce/user activity to set key business attributes for millions of products in real time. We use cutting edge machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms underneath it all to analyze all this data on top of Hadoop/HBase/Hive. We then build compelling data visualizations and interactive dashboards to showcase our work internally and externally. Your work will be immediately visible to millions of people and you will have a direct impact on the business goals of Fortune #1 company. If you talk, speak and think data we want to talk to you. Come join our small team and be part of the journey from the beginning.
If you could spend 100% of your time painting the future of ecommerce on a canvas that will touch over one billion consumers, and had the strength of the#1 Fortune 500 Company behind you, what would it look like?
@WalmartLabs is a newly founded Silicon Valley development lab, where we're working on this exact challenge. Only bound by our imaginations, we are a team of rock star relevance/platform/application engineers, scientists and product visionaries, all working together to design, prototype and build technology-driven products and experiences that will change the future landscape of ecommerce.
As a Technical Product Manager you will play a unique role to shape product vision, drive feature roadmap, work closely with all stakeholders and become the bridge between business manages and technologists. You will work closely with the small and agile teams in WalmartLabs in building intelligent software systems with deep data mining, machine learning and analytical capabilities and help transform the business processes to be smarter, effective and efficient.
- Through your work have direct impact on revenue and bottom line of the entire company.
- Work with rock star engineering teams to design, develop and deploy state of the art intelligent systems driven by big fast data.
- Work closely with different stakeholders to define product roadmap, drive project execution and serve as bridge between engineering and business teams.
The Desired Skill-Sets:
- BA/BS in Engineering/CS/EE or a related technical discipline
- Excellent data analysis skills along with expert level experience with Excel, R, scripting and SQL
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with strong desire to work in cross functional teams
- Strong sense of retail psychology, user experience and uncompromising commitment to serving the customer
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment
Smart Business - Technical Product Manager
Job ID: 228807BR