Customer Promise Product Analyst
Job Location: San Bruno, CA
Do you like big data? Like really big data? Like multi-terabyte data sets with billions of rows? Do you like the idea of pulling, pushing, slicing and dicing this data in real-time using using Hadoop, Hbase, Hive and more? Now let's add some intelligence to the mix using machine learning, data mining and predictive analytics and shazam - you have the underpinnings of @WalmartLabs.
We are a highly motivated group of Big Data Geeks, Data Scientists and Applications Engineers, working in small agile group to solve sophisticated and high impact problems. We are building smart data systems that ingest, model and analyze massive flow of data from online, social, mobile and offline commerce/user activity to set key business attributes for millions of products in real time. We use cutting edge machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms underneath it all to analyze all this data on top of Hadoop/HBase/Hive. We then build compelling data visualizations and interactive dashboards to showcase our work internally and externally. Your work will be immediately visible to millions of people and you will have a direct impact on the business goals of Fortune #1 company. If you talk, speak and think data we want to talk to you. Come join our small team and be part of the journey from the beginning.
If you could spend 100% of your time painting the future of ecommerce on a canvas that will touch over one billion consumers, and had the strength of the#1 Fortune 500 Company behind you, what would it look like?
@WalmartLabs is a newly founded Silicon Valley development lab, where we're working on this exact challenge. Only bound by our imaginations, we are a team of engineers, scientists and product visionaries, all working together to design, prototype and build technology-driven products and experiences that will change the future landscape of ecommerce.
As a Data/Product Analyst you will work closely with the small and agile teams in WalmartLabs in helping us measure the impact of our work. You will have the opportunity to help understand and improve through your analysis software systems that help transform the business processes to be smarter, effective and efficient.
- Through your work have direct impact on revenue and bottom line of the entire company
- Design, lead, and execute analysis and effectively communicate insights
- Collaborate closely with product teams to deliver valuable analyses to our consumers and guide product enhancements
- Drive engagement through developing case studies, tailored analyses and deep dives on data in meetings with key decision-makes at across the organization
- Help answer the thorniest business questions, including ones we didn't think we had
The Desired Skill-Sets:
- BA/BS from a top university preferably in Statistics/Finance/ Math or Engineering/CS/EE
- Expert level proficiency with Excel and knowledge of data analysis tools like SQL, Python and R
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Technical experience (SQL, Python, R) a plus
- 2 or more years of experience in finance, consulting, retail strategy or insights/analytics (at a high-growth technology company)
- Detail oriented, highly analytical, and hands-on with an attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment
Customer Promise - Product Analyst
Job ID: 228893BR