Software Engineer III Sterling
Job Location: San Bruno, CA
Working with Java technology, Search (Endeca), Oracle, development tools to build and maintain different components / subsystems of Search and Browse system.
• Help in every stage of the project lifecycle -- gather requirements, design, develop, test and support the application
• Recommend engineering best practices, including use of design patterns, code reviews
• Collaborate, communicate with different teams, and triage technical issues across teams. Works independently and with supervisory review on complex tasks.
• Collaborate with product and project managers as well as business to define product features, architectural deliverables and project estimates
• Leads and mentors junior team members and effectively delivers projects. Creative and forward thinker.
The Opportunity (You will...):
• Help invent the next generation of ecommerce; integrated experiences that leverage the store, and the web to sell anything, to anyone, anywhere in the world
• Work with world-class technologists and product visionaries as a contributing member of the @WalmartLabs core engineering team
• Work with Java, Oracle and other related technologies to design and develop high-performance and scalable applications for use within the @Services & @Platform product ecosystem
• Be responsible for laying the foundation for Walmart’s future global platform as well as proposing solutions to ease software development, monitoring of software, etc.
• Be excited about making an immediate impact on a global scale
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate in Design and Build of different OMS modules —Order Capture, Order Processing, Order Promising & Fulfillment, Payment Processing, Reverse Logistics etc.
• Participate in Design and Build of different Inventory Management modules —Inventory update from fulfillment partners, Inventory Availability & ATP, Supply & Demand management, Inventory Reservation, Backorder management etc.
• Hands on development on building n-tier applications using SOA, Java/J2EE, Oracle and related technologies.
• Participate in managing code & configurations for multiple environments, release management process, creating and maintaining environment configuration and controls, code integrity and work closely with @platform team.
• Analyzing business requirements, story-boards and similar artifacts of the scrum process, work in an agile development environment with a quick turnaround time and iterative builds.
• Work in a high performance team environment - sharing innovative ideas and working collaboratively across teams.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related disciplines OR equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of experience with IBM Sterling Multi-Channel Fulfillment Solutions and with Sterling design, configuration, product extensions and complex integrations
• Strong knowledge of package software applications, software development, and integration technologies
• Expert knowledge of Java (J2EE) programming language
• Demonstrated technical leadership in the Order Management domain.
• Planning skills
• Leadership skills
• Systems design experience
• Strong communication skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Rich experience with SOA and various design patterns such as MVC, Struts, Hibernate/iBatis, Spring
• Experience with source control tool experience (GIT, Subversion) and build tools (Ant, Maven).
• Experience configuring & deploying applications on jBoss application server (Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere will be a plus)
• Experience with Perl and/or UNIX shell scripting will be preferred.
• Experience in building/implementing high performance & a scalable system is a plus.
• Knowledge of standard tools for optimizing and testing code.
• Ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamic, fluid environment
• The eagerness to change the world in a huge way by being a self-motivated learner and builder
Additional Position Information
Software Engineer III - Sterling
Job ID: 346012BR