Software Engineer III Platform SCM
Job Location: Sunnyvale, CA
As a Software Engineer for Walmart Global eCommerce, you'll be responsible for large-scale, e-commerce Web applications development, tools development and maintenance. You'll interact with the business to provide robust technical solutions to business problems. This position will support our efforts in the @Platform group.
• Participates on small to large sized projects
• Assists in providing guidance to small groups of two to three engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
• Troubleshoots business and production issues
• Provides support to the business
• Participates in the discovery phase of small to medium size projects to come up with high level design
• Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
• Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 years experience building scalable ecommerce applications or mobile software
• 4+ years experience developing using Java technologies
• 2+ years experience with Eclipse or other IDE development tools
• 2+ years experience developing using either relational databases such as Oracle and/or MySQL or NoSQL databases such as CouchBase, Cassandra, Mongo DB etc.
• 1+ years experience developing using Hibernate and JPA
• 2+ years experience writing multi-threaded high performance applications
• 2+ years experience developing service-oriented (SOA) and REST architectures
• 1+ years experience implementing internationalization and localization software applications
• 2+ years experience in Unit-testing (Junit, TestNG, Jmock, MockIt, etc.)
• 2+ years experience in Source Control systems such as Git, ClearCase, CVS, Subversion
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Experience developing using Spring framework
• Experience developing using Hibernate and JPA
• Experience in EIA (Enterprise Integration Architecture)
• Experience in Agile methodology
• Experience profiling Java applications
• Experience in TDD (test driven development)
• Experience with Unix command line tools
• Experience developing applications using J2EE technologies such as Servlet/JSP/Filters, JNDI, JDBC, JMS, JMX, RMI, Java Web Services or related skill.
• Experience developing using relational databases such as Oracle or MySQL.
• Experience using NoSQL databases.
Software Engineer III - @Platform - SCM
Job ID: 208847BR