Agile Architect Platform Integration
Job Location: Santa Clara, CA
• Demonstrates hands on application architecture concepts by developing prototypes; working with other architects in the development of prototypes; and presenting concepts or prototypes to management and other architects.
• Oversees the development of conceptual, logical, or physical systems-related hardware or software designs by ensuring the integration of multiple processes (for example, business, application, technology, information); and conducting research and setting or adopting industry standards in collaboration with others (for example, peers, colleagues).
• Assists in the design of new systems or the redesign of existing systems to meet business requirements, changing needs, or newer technology by collaborating with engineers and other architects; coordinating with cross-functional teams; and researching the latest developments in technology applicable to the enterprise.
• Implements strategies for service enabled technologies (for example, service oriented architecture) by defining a set principles and methodologies for designing and developing software in the form of interoperable services; defining business functionalities that are built as software components; and integrating widely disparate applications for a Web-based environment using multiple implementation platforms.
• Implements product development strategies using Agile development processes by using iterative and incremental development processes; collaborating between self-organizing, cross-functional teams for requirements and solutions; and promoting adaptive planning, evolutionary development and delivery for rapid and flexible response to change.
• Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coachingb for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
• Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Assists in the design of new systems or the redesign of existing systems to meet business requirements, changing needs, or newer technology
- Demonstrates application or system concepts
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for technical architecture of hardware or software systems
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Implements product development strategies using Agile development processes
- Implements strategies for service enabled technologies (for example, service oriented architecture)
- Oversees the development of conceptual, logical, or physical systems-related hardware or software designs
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 years experience building scalable ecommerce applications or mobile software
The ability to communicate with groups in a compelling way about system level design in addition to being able to delve into information at the code level .
Fluency in software design patterns (e.g. GoF), RAS (Redundancy, Availability, Scalability), CAP, horizontal scalability.
A focus on product quality, latency, service interface design and considerations, design principles (e.g. KISS, DRY) and praxis.
Competency in system level specification for solid separation requiring clear isolation from application logic.
Support troubleshooting through solid deductive reasoning.
Demonstrate an ability to break a large problem into manageable and delegable units for engineers to work on.
Demonstrate a clear, concise and solid communication style that has a bias towards action and functions well a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Experience and strength in agile software development methodology.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• 2 years experience developing using J2EE technologies such as Servlet/JSP/Filters, JNDI, JDBC, JMS, JMX, RMI, Java Web Services, or related skill.
• 2 years experience with Eclipse or other IDE development tools
• 1 year experience developing with web/app containers such as Web Logic, Web Sphere, Apache/Tomcat, Jboss or related skill.
• 2 years experience developing using relational databases such as Oracle or MySQL
• 6 years experience developing using PL/SQL
• 6 years experience developing using Java technologies on a large Ecommerce website
• 2 years experience writing multi-threaded high performance applications and workflow
• 2 years experience developing with a multi-tenant or “Software-as-a-Service” (SaaS) ecommerce application
• 2 years experience developing service-oriented (SOA) architectures and EAI technologies such as Tibco
• 6 years experience building Web Content Management systems (WCM)
• 2 years experience implementing internationalization and localization software applications
• 2 years experience in Source Control systems such as CVS or Subversion
• 2 years experience in Agile methodology
• 2 years experience building scalable service infrastructure using node.js
• 2 years experience with modern development tools such as XCode, Eclipse, or Textmate
• 6 years experience developing Business Intelligence and Reporting application using Oracle BI, Business Objects or Informatica.
• 6 years experience developing Customer Analytics application using Unica, Aprimo or Hadoop
• 6 years experience developing Data warehousing system using Greenplum, Netezza, or Teradata
• 2 years experience working with high transaction systems.
• 2 years experience collaborating with engineering to define shared vision for group software development
• 3 years experience implementing defined architecture
• 3 years experience defining best practices and patterns for software development
• 2 years experience participating with open source projects
Agile Architect @Platform - Integration
Job ID: 210243BR