Architect\Lead (Staff) Software Engineer IBM Sterling OMS\MCFS
Job Location: Brisbane, CA
If you were given the opportunity to paint the future of eCommerce on a canvas of over 1 billion consumers and had the strength of the Fortune 1 Company behind you, what would it look like?
@WalmartLabs, Silicon Valley’s newest development lab, we're working on this exact challenge. Our mission is simple: innovate on retail with new technologies to revolutionize how Walmart approaches digital commerce.
We are a team of relevance/platform/application engineers, scientists and product visionaries all working together to design, prototype and build technology-driven products and experiences that will change the future landscape of ecommerce. The @Services team is responsible for building the global service layer that will enable the end-to-end customer experience, from finding the product to delivering it to the customer. This will span many markets, business models and form factors; therefore, we are looking for engineers who will bring not only an abundance of experiences in technologies, but an abundant curiosity to innovate.
Come join an organization where you'll get to work as part of a world-class team, solve problems that are at a scale few can create, and get to build products that are only bound by the scope of your imagination. We are a high-performance team looking for others who will challenge us to become even better: come be the newest member of the @WalmartLabs team!!
The Opportunity (You will...):
• Help invent the next generation of ecommerce; integrated experiences that leverage the store, and the web to sell anything, to anyone, anywhere in the world
• Work with world-class technologists and product visionaries as a contributing member of the @WalmartLabs core engineering team
• Work with Java, Oracle and other related technologies to design and develop high-performance and scalable applications for use within the @Services & @Platform product ecosystem
• Be responsible for laying the foundation for Walmart’s future global platform as well as proposing solutions to ease software development, monitoring of software, etc.
• Be excited about making an immediate impact on a global scale
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate in Design and Build of different OMS modules —Order Capture, Order Processing, Order Promising & Fulfillment, Payment Processing, Reverse Logistics etc.
• Participate in Design and Build of different Inventory Management modules —Inventory update from fulfillment partners, Inventory Availability & ATP, Supply & Demand management, Inventory Reservation, Backorder management etc.
• Hands on development on building n-tier applications using SOA, Java/J2EE, Oracle and related technologies.
• Participate in managing code & configurations for multiple environments, release management process, creating and maintaining environment configuration and controls, code integrity and work closely with @platform team.
• Analyzing business requirements, story-boards and similar artifacts of the scrum process, work in an agile development environment with a quick turnaround time and iterative builds.
• Work in a high performance team environment - sharing innovative ideas and working collaboratively across teams.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related disciplines OR equivalent work experience
• 7+ years of experience with IBM Sterling Multi-Channel Fulfillment Solutions and with Sterling design, configuration, product extensions and complex integrations
• Strong knowledge of package software applications, software development, and integration technologies
• Expert knowledge of Java (J2EE) programming language
• Demonstrated technical leadership in the Order Management domain.
• Planning skills
• Leadership skills
• Systems design experience
• Strong communication skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 years experience building scalable ecommerce applications
• 4 or more years of development/implementation experience with IBM Sterling Commerce (formerly Yantra) Distributed Order Management and Global Inventory Visibility.
• Hands-on experience on customization/extension of Sterling Commerce APIs, database, UIs, user exits, agents and building Web Services.
• 4 or more years experience programming in Java/J2EE, JSP, Servlet, EJB, XML/ JASON, XSLT, XSD, JMS, WSDL, WADL and related technologies.
• 3 or more years experience with RDBMS (Oracle), SQL and Web-Services (SOAP/REST)
• Rich experience with SOA and various design patterns such as MVC, Struts, Hibernate/iBatis, Spring
• Experience with source control tool experience (GIT, Subversion) and build tools (Ant, Maven).
• Experience configuring & deploying applications on jBoss application server (Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere will be a plus)
• Experience with Perl and/or UNIX shell scripting will be preferred.
• Experience in building/implementing high performance & a scalable system is a plus.
• Knowledge of standard tools for optimizing and testing code.
• Ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamic, fluid environment
• The eagerness to change the world in a huge way by being a self-motivated learner and builder
Architect/Lead (Staff) Software Engineer - IBM Sterling OMS/MCFS
Job ID: 317835BR