Manager Customer Insights and Analytics
Job Location: San Bruno, CA
Walmart.com is looking for a talented Analyst, Global Customer Insights who can contribute to the success of our analytics initiatives. As a member of the Walmart.com’s Customer Analytics team, this role is responsible for analyzing customer data and providing data-based insights for strategy by using statistical and heuristic models. This is an ideal position for folks that have a passion for data analytics and statistics. The Analyst will spend most of their time analyzing data and modeling different scenarios by leveraging business and technical expertise in Consumer Insights and analytics. The Analysti will alos analytics deliver data related insight to the team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Perform analyses (using SQL and other analytics tools) that support efficient execution of day-to-day CRM
• Ad hoc reporting and analytics requests
• Business Intelligence projects
• Construct and maintain predictive models that support marketing vehicles and other key business initiatives.
• Marketing response and shopping behavior models (association, time series, attrition and replensishment)
• Perform data mining investigations to find new insights related to customers and behavior
• Maintain marketing team dashboards with KPIs (customer acquisition & retention, profitability per customer, aisle crossing, etc.)
• Maintain the customer base forecast tool for estimating sales growth based on current customers
• Create reports to measure success of marketing programs (lift, ROI, incremental sales, etc.)
• Work with the channel marketing team to execute segmentation rules and lists for campaigns
SKILLS YOU'LL HAVE:
• SQL query writing for Oracle, Netezza, Green Plum and Teradata. Ability to create list extracts and perform transformations and aggregations. Experience working with large databases. Experience with distributed analytic processing technologies is desired (Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce, etc)
• Statistics. Estimating sample sizes for test groups. Determining statistical significance of test results. Developing predictive models.
• Experience building and deploying models and data mining tasks using analytics tools like SAS, R, SPSS Clementine, KXEN etc...
• Experience creating reports with Business Objects, Tableau
• Microsoft Excel and Access power user. Advanced charting, report creation, pivot tables, vlookups, etc.
• Strong CRM and database marketing experience as well as experience in online retail and e-commerce marketing
• Experience with consumer-facing internet products & services, including familiarity with product development lifecycle.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Ability to interpret and apply complex and high volume customer data into plans that support annual business objectives
• Excellent business acumen and problem-solving skills
• Ability to communicate with both business and technical resources.
• Creative thinker, open to idea exploration with strong problem-solving/analytical abilities.
• Customer focus.
• Desire to work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
• Flexible and responsive; able to perform in a fast paced, dynamic work environment and meet aggressive deadlines.
• Demonstrated strength in creating partnerships and in building relationships with other functions and associates within the organization.
• Ability to influence senior management and executives effectively across the organization.
• Energetic and enthusiastic about Walmart.com’s business
Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, Economics, or related field and 3 years of experience in data analytics
or related field OR 8years of experience in data analytics or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Master’s degree in Statistics, Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, Economics, or related field.
-3 years of experience using exploratory data analysis and inferential statistics.
-3 years of experience using in-database analytics, SQL, or similar programming languages to retrieve, merge, and hygiene data from multiple
sources or platforms.
-1 year of experience in web design or web analytics.
-3 years of experience using a Business Intelligence (BI) tool (for example, Oracle) to create a report to specifications.
-1 year of experience supervising others.
Manager, Customer Insights and Analytics
Job ID: 201337BR